What is “Active Recovery?” Active Recovery is the action taken during rest from training. Relaxing non-intense movement or activities on the off days. Active recovery should supplement training days but should not replace them. Recovery is an important component in the HealthyWNY “Core of Health.”
Listed are many benefits of active recovery.
- Improved daily attitude
- Diminished aches and pains
- Better sex
- Improved Sleep
- Continued shaping and toning of the body
- Reduced stress
- Increased enjoyment of life!
- Faster muscle recovery
Some fun and highly recommended examples are listed below.
- Tai Chi
- Hiking or taking a relaxing bike ride
- Stretching or foam rolling muscles